Naseby Methodist Church is in the Methodist Circuit of Market Harborough within the Northampton District. The church has 9 members, is a friendly group which is actively seeking God's presence and to fulfil the great commission to make disciples.
Sunday services are generally at 10:45 am, with an informal time of prayer before the service begins. We also have Soul Cafe (an informal, cafe-style worship) once a quarter, and a bi-monthly evening service (Naseby Praise) at 7 pm. The normal 10:45 am service is replaced by these alternatives. The week-by-week programme can be found on the Circuit plan.
Our worship is a mixture of modern and traditional, using Powerpoint to project the songs. Children are very welcome and often take part in the morning services.
A House group meets on Wednesdays (details 01604 740671). There are many other activities for all ages: please see the Activities page for details.
The chapel is also used by a variety of other groups.
We are always willing to pray for you!
The Safeguarding of everyone (especially children and vulnerable adults) is of paramount importance to the whole Methodist Church. We emphasise that Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. To help us do this properly and thoroughly, we have regular training for those who lead groups and activities, we are diligent about official checks, and we have an appointed Safeguarding officer who can be contacted at any time (as well as the Minister):
- Safeguarding Officer:
- Ruth Watson, Tel. 01604 740845
For our safeguarding policy, please see Naseby Safeguarding Policy 2018.
Address: Naseby Methodist Church, Church Street, Naseby, NN6 6DA.
The Church is located opposite opposite the Market Hall.
View Harborough Methodist Circuit in a larger map
To enquire about booking the Church premises, please contact the booking secretary, details below in the contacts section.
- Be a growing, loving worshipping community
- Grow in our experience of God's love and the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Build ourselves up in fellowship to be equipped for service and mission.
- Be a growing witness in Naseby with lively, attractive worship.
- Reach young families and young people in the village and draw them into the life of the church.
- Work together with the Anglican church where appropriate in mission.
- Be agents for God's care in the village & support world mission.
- Have attractive, well maintained premises which engender a warm welcome.
- Seek God in prayer, worship and teaching to grow closer to Him and one another.
- Continue fellowship meetings for teaching, mutual growth & encouragement.
- Develop more attractive worship for younger families as well as those who are older.
- Develop creative relevant outreach programs for young people and families.
- Support those currently involved with young people and families, pray actively for more leaders.
- Desire earnestly the gifts of the Spirit. Encourage worship participation.
- Continue tithing as a church to support wider mission (especially Missionary family in Spain).
- Provide for regular maintenance to keep premises attractive.
Activities & Events
There are a wide range of regular Church activities and occasional events, please see the Activities & Events page for more details.
- Revd Andrew Murphy, tel. 01858 462889 or email geordie_smurf at hotmail.com
- Church Contact (for Hymns, Sunday School & Bookings)
- Mrs Ruth Watson telephone 01604 740845 or email irje.watson at talktalk.net