To view the latest notices, please click here: Notices for January.
To view the latest job rota, please click here: Job Rota: January - March 2018.
- Saturday 24th February
- Following on from John Rackley’s course, Five Practices of Fruitful Congregations, an away day for quiet, prayerful reflection has been arranged at The StablesNorth Kilworth, 10 am - 4 pm. Coffee, lunch, tea and cakes will all be provided. Open to anyone in our congregation, please speak to Kathy or Jill if you would like to come or would like more details.
- Friday 2nd March
- Women’s World Day of Prayer - 2 pm - Please try and support this event.
- Thursday 15th March
- Church Council Meeting - 7:45 pm - all are welcome, in the church.
- Thursday 29th March
- Maundy Thursday Service with Communion - 7:30 pm.
- Friday 30th March
- Good Friday Family event - 10 am.
- Service of Light & Darkness - 7 pm.
- 10:30 am Morning Worship & Junior Church
- 5:00 pm The S.P.A.C.E All age worship A lively 30 minute worship session followed by a bring and share tea, every Sunday during term time
Each week during term time for under 5s. Member of the Nursery Education Funding Scheme providing free education for 3 & 4 year old children. Plus an optional one hour lunch club after morning sessions.
- Mornings + lunch club Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Afternoons - Tuesday & Thursday 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Parent and Toddler Drop-in, 1:15 pm - 3:30 pm, on the first, third and (when applicable) fifth Friday in the month. For pre-school children with a parent or carer. Mums-to-be also welcome. Tel: Jayne 0116 2403996 for information on either of the above or visit their web site www.kibworth.co.uk.
- Dementia cafe, second Monday in the month, 2:00 pm at The Well, 45 High Street. A safe and relaxing place where people recently diagnosed with dementia, their family members and carers can get specialist advice from visiting speakers and fieldworkers attending from support agencies. For more information see Dementia Cafe at The Well.
- Seniors at Play, third Monday in the month, 2:00 pm at The Well, 45 High Street. This is an opportunity for the older members of our community to meet with like minded people for coffee, cake and varied activities throughout the year. Activities range from sing-a-longs to pampering sessions and even the odd game of bingo!
- Ladies' Contact Group, last Monday in month 7:30 pm. Activities include speakers, crafts, meals and outings. All ladies welcome. Tel: Barbara 0116 279 3590.
- Afternoon Cream Teas for Senior Citizens, 1st Monday of each month from 2pm at The Well.
- Premises cleaning, 4:00 pm.
- Wednesday Fellowship, 2:30 pm All are invited to share in outings, slides, quizzes and talks. Transport available, for more information contact Brenda on 0116 279 3307.
- Prayer meeting, 7:30 pm on the first Wednesday in the month. Praying for our community, youth work and the future of our church.
- Informal House Group, 8:00 pm. Usually at Roy Bills' house, tel Roy 0116 279 3056.
- Weekday Services, 2:30 pm. Alternating between Kibworth Court and The Knoll, two local residential homes for the elderly. These are led by our Minister, Local Preachers and Clergy from St. Wilfrid's Parish Church, on a rota basis. Please see weekly notices for details.
- Come & Cook - cooking club for primary school children with parent or carer, £1 per child 3:30 pm - 5 pm held twice a month during term time. Details from Susie 07486 546980 or email susie.colliss at yahoo.co.uk or see monthly notices.
- Senior Citizens Lunches, 1st Saturday in month, 12:30 pm. All senior citizens welcome, £4 for a two course meal followed by tea or coffee. Meals need to be booked in advance, please contact Pam on 0116 279 3132. No lunch in January.
- ‘Fish’ Youth House Group, Saturday Evenings. For further details please ring Dawn on 0116 279 2083.
Other Clubs & Societies
- Rangers Mondays during term time 7:30 pm
- History Society first Thursday in month 7:30 pm. See their website for more information: www.kibworth.org.
- Rainbows Fridays term time 6:00 pm.
- U3A Art Class fortnightly on Tuesdays & Fridays at 2 pm (Upper Room) Chair lift available.
- Parish Burial Board 4th Tuesday - 8:00 pm (Jan,Mar,May,July,Sept,Nov) - or as advertised.
- W.I. Committee monthly as arranged.
For details of the above please ring Roger 0116 279 3234. There are various public meetings, committees etc. held here, please see weekly notices for details.