To view the latest notices, please click here: Notices for November
To view the latest job rota, please click here: Job Rota: October - December 2017.
Starting on Wednesday 25th October for 6 weeks Rev John Rackley will be exploring with us “Five Practices of Fruitful Congregations” - a practical and inspiring course to think together about five different aspects of our church life, and ideas for improving them under God’s guidance. This is one of the most helpful things to have come from The United Methodist Church in the USA in recent years - and it is suitable for every church… Even Kibworth!
Programme: (all of these sessions will take place in our church at 7:30 pm unless notified otherwise)
- Wednesday 22nd November
- Risk-taking Mission and Service
- Wednesday 29th November
- Extravagant Generosity
Then… a day away together, taking stock and reflecting the future (venue and date to be confirmed after Christmas)
- Saturday 16th December
- Sponsored Carol Sing, 10:30 am. We are celebrating our Ruby Anniversary, this is our 40th sing and we are hoping that many will join with us to celebrate this achievement. To date we have raised £35,393.16 for good causes both here and overseas. We alternate between ‘home and away’ and this year we have come right home. We shall be singing for Kibworth Charitable Trust (a grant making organisation that has been established to help organisations, clubs, societies, and charities). Coffee and mince pies will be available, so as it is not too near Christmas, we hope that as many as possible will be able to celebrate with us. It would be nice to welcome friends from around the circuit as this is such a joyous way to start your Christmas celebrations.
- Sunday 17th December
- SPACE Christmas Special, 5 pm.
- Sunday 24th December
- Nativity Service, 10:30 am.
- Carol Service, 6 pm.
- Monday 25th December
- Christmas Day Service, 10:30 am.
- 10:30 am Morning Worship & Junior Church
- 5:00 pm The S.P.A.C.E All age worship A lively 30 minute worship session followed by a bring and share tea, every Sunday during term time
Each week during term time for under 5s. Member of the Nursery Education Funding Scheme providing free education for 3 & 4 year old children. Plus an optional one hour lunch club after morning sessions.
- Mornings + lunch club Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Afternoons - Tuesday & Thursday 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Parent and Toddler Drop-in, 1:15 pm - 3:30 pm. For pre-school children with a parent or carer. Mums-to-be also welcome. Tel: Jayne 0116 2403996 for information on either of the above or visit their web site www.kibworth.co.uk.
- Dementia cafe, second Monday in the month, 2:00 pm at The Well, 45 High Street. A safe and relaxing place where people recently diagnosed with dementia, their family members and carers can get specialist advice from visiting speakers and fieldworkers attending from support agencies. For more information see Dementia Cafe at The Well.
- Seniors at Play, third Monday in the month, 2:00 pm at The Well, 45 High Street. This is an opportunity for the older members of our community to meet with like minded people for coffee, cake and varied activities throughout the year. Activities range from sing-a-longs to pampering sessions and even the odd game of bingo!
- Ladies' Contact Group, last Monday in month 7:30 pm. Activities include speakers, crafts, meals and outings. All ladies welcome. Tel: Barbara 0116 279 3590.
- Afternoon Cream Teas for Senior Citizens, 1st Monday of each month from 2pm at The Well.
- Premises cleaning, 4:00 pm.
- Wednesday Fellowship, 2:30 pm All are invited to share in outings, slides, quizzes and talks. Transport available, for more information contact Brenda on 0116 279 3307.
- Prayer meeting, 7:30 pm on the first Wednesday in the month. Praying for our community, youth work and the future of our church.
- Informal House Group, 8:00 pm. Usually at Roy Bills' house, tel Roy 0116 279 3056.
- Weekday Services, 2:30 pm. Alternating between Kibworth Court and The Knoll, two local residential homes for the elderly. These are led by our Minister, Local Preachers and Clergy from St. Wilfrid's Parish Church, on a rota basis. Please see weekly notices for details.
- Come & Cook - cooking club for primary school children with parent or carer, £1 per child 3:30 pm - 5 pm held twice a month during term time. Details from Dawn 07752 313480 or see monthly notices.
- Senior Citizens Lunches, 1st Saturday in month, 12:30 pm. All senior citizens welcome, £4 for a two course meal followed by tea or coffee. Meals need to be booked in advance, please contact Pam on 0116 279 3132. No lunch in January.
- ‘Fish’ Youth House Group, Saturday Evenings. For further details please ring Dawn on 0116 279 2083.
Other Clubs & Societies
- Rangers Mondays during term time 7:30 pm
- History Society first Thursday in month 7:30 pm. See their website for more information: www.kibworth.org.
- Rainbows Fridays term time 6:00 pm.
- U3A Art Class fortnightly on Tuesdays & Fridays at 2 pm (Upper Room) Chair lift available.
- Parish Burial Board 4th Tuesday - 8:00 pm (Jan,Mar,May,July,Sept,Nov) - or as advertised.
- W.I. Committee monthly as arranged.
For details of the above please ring Roger 0116 279 3234. There are various public meetings, committees etc. held here, please see weekly notices for details.